Sunday, May 09, 2010

Integrative medicine at OHSU

It's been a while since I've posted links exposing the teaching and promotion of quackery by U.S. medical schools, a megatrend for which I coined the term quackademic medicine. I'm afraid I fell down on the job. It was just the same old woo popping up at one med school after another across the country, and it got a little tiresome. Lately, though, my interest has been piqued by more and more postings of videos of actual lectures. These videos offer a closer look at what's actually in the curricula, which I've been compiling as I find them for eventual posting here.

Let's kick it off with a lecture about the CAM perspective on pandemic flu from the Oregon Health and Science University's CAM Grand Rounds series. You can access it here. It's pure woo and, it seems to me, a little anti-vax in its slant.

No comments: